Monday, May 3, 2010

It's getting closer...

Hi friends :).
I realize that creating this in February was a little excessive... but hey, I was excited. Now that I'm officially done with Civ (hooray!) and am three finals away from summer, I figured I'd update.

Flights are booked, travel plans are confirmed, and Patricia and I are ready to go! I don't know if I mentioned before that I'm traveling with Patricia Carroll, a PC rising senior. As we went through this whole process together, I was so happy to have her to figure things out with! I don't know what I would do without her.

We leave from JFK on June 7th, and arrive in Nairobi via Zurich on the 8th. Then we're off to hike Mt. Kenya for 4 days (eek!), then a short flight to Kisumu, where we'll be staying for the majority of our time. We'll be with the St. Martin de Porres community of Dominican Friars, and I have been in contact with them for a few months now- I can't wait to meet them! After our time in Kisumu is over, we'll be going back to Nairobi, staying with Steve Walsh, a PC alum for a night, and then leaving for a Masai Mara safari.

Needless to say, I'm really really REALLY excited. Now to get through these finals...
Penda,
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment