Monday, May 24, 2010

TWO WEEKS!

So today marks two weeks until we leave! I'm starting to get a little nervous, but I'm really excited too :). I've been doing some more research into what I still need to get that I have to pack, and my list for the Mt. Kenya trek requires a few things that I honestly never thought I'd be buying.

Anyone have an extra headlamp? or gaiters? I am going to get my hiking boots today, and I'll look for that type of stuff at EMS and The North Face, I guess!

I have also been looking at the itinerary for the Mt. Kenya trek, and it looks really cool! One day we leave our camp at 3 am to trek for 3 hours, see the sun rise, and then start the trek back down. The last day is two hours through the rainforest!

I'll be sure to take lots of photos, and if I can post them here while I'm there, I definitely will! Also, Lia Santilli, another Fr. Smith Fellow, has a blog! It's talesofasummerdownunder.blogspot.com. Check it out!

Hopefully I'll post once more before I leave, but if not, see you in Kenya!

No comments:

Post a Comment